REMEMBER TO CONSULT YOUR OPTOMETRIST WHENEVER YOU ARE IN DOUBT!!
- DO NOT wear the contact lens if you there is irritation, itchiness, sore eye, tearing and pain.
- DO NOT wear lenses longer than the period prescribed.
- DO NOT wear lenses to sleep.
- DO NOT use solutions recommended for conventional hard lenses only. Always use proper cleansing solutions recommended by the Optometrist.
- DO NOT re-use your contact lens solution.
- DO NOT put your lenses in your mouth or use anything other than the recommended solutions for lubricating or wetting your lenses.
- DO NOT rinse the contact lens and lens casing in tap water, since this can contain many impurities that can contaminate or damage your lenses and may lead to eye infection or injury.
- DO NOT use oily cosmetics, soaps containing cold cream, lotions or creams before handling your lenses. It is best to insert your lenses before putting on make-up
- DO NOT wear the contact lens when showering or swiming as it could cause eye infection.
- Consult your Eye Care Practitioner / Optometrist whenever you are in doubt.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with a mild soap, rinse carefully and dry before touching your lenses
- Follow the instructions in leaflet that comes with your lens and any advice given to you by your Eye Care Practitioner
- Soak the lens over-night before usage.
- Shake the contact lens vials well before opening.
- Replace your lens casing and Contact lenses regularly, as advised by the lens case manufacturer or your Eye care Practitioner.
- Keep your eyes closed when using hairspray or other aerosols
- Wear the contact lens first before applying make-up, to avoid contaminating your lenses with residue from your foundation or powder on your fingers.
- Seek professional advice about wearing lenses during sporting activities.